DONATION REFUND POLICY
Any request for refund of contributions already donated to ALIMA Australia (ALIMA Aus) by a donor will be considered and determined on a case by case basis. Refunds will be returned to the bank account originally debited.
When a request for a refund is received, an assessment of the reason given for the refund request will be undertaken by the Company Secretary. The following reasons will usually be considered favourably.
- An error has been made by ALIMA Aus;
- A donor’s banking details are fraudulently obtained and used;
- ALIMA Aus has received a donor’s details in error;
- A donor has previously requested that regular debits be cancelled, however the debits have continued. The refund will be to the maximum of the last debit amount unless a donor can provide proof of the original cancellation request;
- ALIMA Aus may refund on grounds of financial hardship – however this will be to the maximum of the last debit amount. Where a situation does not fit into the above criteria the Company Secretary will consult with the Board to resolve this matter.
In all instances ALIMA Australia will not refund past the current tax year, unless there are special circumstances that are agreed with the Board. If a donor is not satisfied with the outcome of the decision to refund, a further request can be escalated to the Board by letter or e-mail. If it is agreed that a refund is to be made a donor will be refunded within ten working days of the decision.